Jumat, 13 Agustus 2010

Works great for what I needed...

Netgear Wireless Detachable Antennas WNR1500

Netgear Wireless Detachable Antennas WNR1500

I've been looking to upgrade my router to a Wireless N since upgrading my modem several months ago, and finally the right deal hit - A Netgear WNR1500 which supports 802.11bgn. My needs are basic: I need to wire in a game console and my PC, and have access to wireless for cell phones and laptops throughout the rest of the house.

The list price for the WNR1500 is $50, but I got it for $30 plus a $10 mail in rebate, and I couldn't say no. The industry reviews on the item were very good quality, and I pulled the trigger.

Setup of the router was simple, the wizard got me up and running in no time - and for the power user there's a bevy of options available to tweak your security and settings. There were no compatibility or driver issues at all with my Windows 7 PC, I plugged and played.

The unit features two detachable antannaes. I actually had some concern about the range, because bucking all advice, I set up this router in the BASEMENT of my house (You are supposed to have your router as high as you can), because that's where the majority of the units I wanted to WIRE in were. The WNR1500, in addition to the wireless, also features 4 LAN ports. But, after setting it up in the basement (on the bottom shelf of a stand, no less) - Testing on the 1st and 2nd floors of my house went flawlessly, I was impressed with the strength and range. I was getting full bars as far away from the router as I could be while still being indoors.

This is probably not too important to most, but I think the unit looks sharp as well, sleek and all black with the appropriate blinking lights.

Overall, I am very pleased with the router and have no complaints.

Pros:Great range, looks sharp, easy set up.
Cons:None.

The Bottom Line: Couldn't be happier with the WNR1500 - If your routing needs are basic, I can't think of a reason not to go with this.

Recommended: Yes

Get your Netgear Wireless Detachable Antennas WNR1500 Now!

9 komentar:

  1. Corrine Alexander10 Desember 2010 07.32

    I've been looking to upgrade my router to a Wireless N since upgrading my modem several months ago, and finally the right deal hit - A Netgear WNR1500 which supports 802.11bgn. My needs are basic: I need to wire in a game console and my PC, and have access to wireless for cell phones and laptops throughout the rest of the house.

    The list price for the WNR1500 is $50, but I got it for $30 plus a $10 mail in rebate, and I couldn't say no. The industry reviews on the item were very good quality, and I pulled the trigger.

    Setup of the router was simple, the wizard got me up and running in no time - and for the power user there's a bevy of options available to tweak your security and settings. There were no compatibility or driver issues at all with my Windows 7 PC, I plugged and played.

    The unit features two detachable antannaes. I actually had some concern about the range, because bucking all advice, I set up this router in the BASEMENT of my house (You are supposed to have your router as high as you can), because that's where the majority of the units I wanted to WIRE in were. The WNR1500, in addition to the wireless, also features 4 LAN ports. But, after setting it up in the basement (on the bottom shelf of a stand, no less) - Testing on the 1st and 2nd floors of my house went flawlessly, I was impressed with the strength and range. I was getting full bars as far away from the router as I could be while still being indoors.

    This is probably not too important to most, but I think the unit looks sharp as well, sleek and all black with the appropriate blinking lights.

    Overall, I am very pleased with the router and have no complaints.

    Pros:Great range, looks sharp, easy set up.
    Cons:None.

    The Bottom Line: Couldn't be happier with the WNR1500 - If your routing needs are basic, I can't think of a reason not to go with this.

    Recommended: Yes

    BalasHapus
  2. Marjorie Hodge19 Oktober 2011 11.32

    does everthing I need it to do ... I lve having this router so I can watch internet tv on Roku

    BalasHapus
  3. Netgear's N300 was a snap to setup and has really helped my network work seamlessly. Also setting up an external hard drive plugged into the single USB port was easy to share the hard drive on the network. Highly recommend this router!

    BalasHapus
  4. The Netgear N300 Wireless Router has many uses. Many will purchase this as a standalone unit and a staring point for creating a wireless home network. IN my case I needed something to extend the signal from my Fios Wireless router to help me reach from one end of the house to the other without sacrificing speed.

    By placing the Netgear N300 in the middle of my home I am now able to access full bandwidth at the far end of my home. I previous used a combination of very long Ethernet cable runs and an AC line single carrier but that has proven to be both cumbersome and S L O W ....... This is much handier!

    As for build quality, it is very lightweight and plasticky but don't let that worry you. It's easy to use and it works. I have heard a few negative things about lack of range and dropped signals. For my usage that is a non issue but if you are purchasing this for your SOLE router, you may wish to consider another product unless your home or apartment is small sized.

    For the price, this product is worth the money and will do the job. If you spend a bit more you will most likely get more range. With devices like these it is always a very good idea to invest in a spare power supply so you are ready when the factory adapter dies.

    Bottom Line: Good inexpensive router that works and is made by a company that knows it's stuff.

    BalasHapus
  5. It looks/works well, and its price is attractive. I cannot tell any wrongs now, and would recommend it to my friends.

    BalasHapus
  6. This really holds up to netgear standards! Very satisfied with this product! I like the detachable antennas for adapting derectionals.

    BalasHapus
  7. Jeffrey Walters18 November 2013 07.32

    My wireless-N router by another popular brand just died on me over the weekend after about one year of use. Having good experience with wireless-G router by Netgear in the past, I decided to go with this new model. I was not disappointed.

    Set up was a breeze and much easier than previous model and the other brand of routers. I connected the router to my Time Warner broadband modem, restart the modem for it to recognize the modem. My computer detected it right away. The SSID and access key are pre-assigned and printed on the label at the bottom of the router, which you use to login for the first time. Open your internet browser and it will take you to a set up screen. I chose the automatic setup option. The router detected the ISP and set itself up in about one minute. The whole process took less than 10 minutes and my home network is up and running.

    The signal strength is satisfactory and notably better than my last one N-router. I have my router in the second floor. All my laptops, iPad, streaming Blu-ray player downstairs got good reception. For $33 after rebate, this is the best bang for the buck!

    BalasHapus
  8. I tried other routers. They did not have the range and reliability of the netgear. I am really satisfied with this unit.

    BalasHapus