Rabu, 04 Agustus 2010

Great for the diaper bag!

Planet Wise Wetbag coordinating handle

Planet Wise Wetbag coordinating handle

I've tried several different types of wet bags and this has been my favorite so far. It is made of the same PUL type fabric as the Planet Wise diaper pail liners, and as such is easier to care for than the Wet Happened bags that I also have. Some things to consider:
1) With 2 children in diapers now, I can hold about 2 days worth of diapers, though that obviously varies with the age of the child, the type of diapers used, and the day (in general).
2) While the bag does an excellent job of keeping moisture and smells inside, it is in the end just a bag. It will be fine for a couple of days, but it does start to leech out a bit of moisture and smell. While one expects this of a diaper pail in one's one house, if you are using this for traveling, realize that this may become stressful in a house that doesn't belong to you. We let it go for 3.5 days once because we weren't sure how our friends would feel about us putting dirty diapers in their washing machine. Instead I ended up scrubbing carpet (where the bag sat) and airing out the room to remove the evidence of our stay (it cleared out quickly :-) ). The next time I just brought my detergent with me and did a wash on day 2- there was zero smell and everything was completely dry.
I highly recommend this bag for short or overnight trips. It can hang on a door or hook, but I hate having things hang from my doorknobs, so I can't comment on the effectiveness of that. The handle is nice for carrying it when full. For home use, I still prefer a pail with a liner. It's a lot easier to tap open a pail lid with my wrist than to try to unzip a laden wet bag with one hand while holding a dirty diaper and a child.

Get your Planet Wise Wetbag coordinating handle Now!

9 komentar:

  1. These are cute and efficient wetbags. However, if using with BumGenius Elementals, the small size is too small for even one diaper.

    BalasHapus
  2. Danielle Hutchinson19 Oktober 2010 07.32

    I love this wet bag. We use BumGenuis cloth diapers, and this is the perfect solution to being out and about and baby needing a diaper change. The medium size holds several diapers, and is big enough for soiled baby clothes are even mom's shirt if it gets soiled (although we rarely need a wardrobe change with the cloth diapers).

    BalasHapus
  3. I absolutely love these bags. I cloth diaper, so a couple small wetbags for the diaper bag were a must. I can easily get 2 cloth diapers into a small bag - 3 if I really stuff it. That makes the small size perfect for short outings with the baby. I also bought a medium bag too for longer trips, but I use it more for wet swim suits. These bags are easy to wash. They don't fade, colors don't bleed, they don't shrink and you can put them in the dryer. When I put our sopping wet swim suits in the bag it does leak through after a few hours, but even then it's only a little damp, not soaked. The only other problem is they are a bit expensive, but I find them well worth it over using plastic bags.

    BalasHapus
  4. I stuffed it the other day with dry prefolds to see just how much could fit in there. Actually there was still some room left, but I'll say the medium bag fits comfortably 8 prefold cloth diapers (not counting covers).

    BalasHapus
  5. My son goes to daycare, and they were a little unsure about using cloth for him at first, but this bag (and Bumgenius AIOs) have convinced them that cloth is no harder than disposables! It meets the state DHEC requirements for them that all soiled clothing must be put into sealed bags and sent home each day. It is a good, generous size for him for a full day at daycare (he goes through anywhere from 5-8 diapers per day, and has room to spare in this bag)

    His caregiver likes this bag more than his others. The zipper is easy, doesn't hang up, but her favorite feature is the snap-strap. She can snap it over a drawer handle right at their changing station, which keeps it off the floor and away from curious crawlers. (we use a link for the other one, still works, but this one is better) NO smells escape, so they don't put his bags outside the door, which they thought they would have to do. (the disposables in the pail are outside, and smell worse!)

    The outer cloth and inner water-proof bag are two separate layers. When you wash this bag, it sort of goes inside-out and figuring out how to dry it was tricky for me, at first. I figured out that if you put the liner part back into the outer shell, and zip it half-way, you can just toss it in the dryer on medium (how I dry the diapers), or just hang it on the line outside, with the handy snap-strap handle!

    Awesome wet bag! I have 6, and always reach for this one first! My absolute favorite, hands down!!!

    BalasHapus
  6. Genevieve Oneal23 November 2012 09.32

    We are using this to store our newborns dirty diapers and it gets us perfectly through two days before getting too full! I LOVE the snap on the handle - makes hanging the bag a breeze!

    BalasHapus
  7. I've tried several different types of wet bags and this has been my favorite so far. It is made of the same PUL type fabric as the Planet Wise diaper pail liners, and as such is easier to care for than the Wet Happened bags that I also have. Some things to consider:
    1) With 2 children in diapers now, I can hold about 2 days worth of diapers, though that obviously varies with the age of the child, the type of diapers used, and the day (in general).
    2) While the bag does an excellent job of keeping moisture and smells inside, it is in the end just a bag. It will be fine for a couple of days, but it does start to leech out a bit of moisture and smell. While one expects this of a diaper pail in one's one house, if you are using this for traveling, realize that this may become stressful in a house that doesn't belong to you. We let it go for 3.5 days once because we weren't sure how our friends would feel about us putting dirty diapers in their washing machine. Instead I ended up scrubbing carpet (where the bag sat) and airing out the room to remove the evidence of our stay (it cleared out quickly :-) ). The next time I just brought my detergent with me and did a wash on day 2- there was zero smell and everything was completely dry.
    I highly recommend this bag for short or overnight trips. It can hang on a door or hook, but I hate having things hang from my doorknobs, so I can't comment on the effectiveness of that. The handle is nice for carrying it when full. For home use, I still prefer a pail with a liner. It's a lot easier to tap open a pail lid with my wrist than to try to unzip a laden wet bag with one hand while holding a dirty diaper and a child.

    BalasHapus
  8. Hollie Vasquez17 Oktober 2013 04.32

    This is a great little bag and super cute but just wanted to say that only the large bags have handles. I went off the photos when I ordered and was disappointed when my medium sized bag arrived and didn't have the strap. I like having a strap to make carrying easier. :(

    BalasHapus